Media Studies is about
- exploring the variety of ways in which media texts attract an audience;
- interpreting media texts; the representations they offer; what they say about the people who made them; what they reveal about their intended audience;
- understanding the media and their role both historically and currently in society, culture, politics and the economy
- making informed arguments, reaching substantiated judgements and drawing conclusions about media issues
- planning, researching and creating media products.