French is about...
- deepening your knowledge of France:the country, its people and culture;
- developing grammatical understanding of the French language;
- enhancing your skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing in French.
The proposed core content in the new A Level is as follows:
- social issues and trends;
- political and artistic culture;
- works: Literary texts and films (there will be a list of set works from which to choose.)
The content is assessed at the end of the two year course with three examinations:
- Paper 1 - Listening, Reading and Writing (2 hours 30 minutes: 40%)
- Paper 2 - Writing (2 hours: 30%);
- Paper 3 - Speaking (21 - 23 minutes: 30%)